Thursday, January 24, 2008

Resigned

It has been a long time since my last post. I have little in the way of excuses, but here goes anyway -

After my last post, my responsibilities on project Condor, as I called it, were halved when another PM was assigned to help. I didn't take that very well. On top of the fact that I was going through some personal issues at the time, it made me feel very low indeed. The other PM took on more and more of the management responsibilities, and I let him. My motivation was at an all-time low. The project went live in September and I was not invited to the launch party.

Back in late June, though, I was asked to pick up another project because the incumbent had resigned. Initially, I was sceptical. They're giving me some unimportant little project that no-one else wants to get me something to do, I thought. But I was wrong. It was a large project, and a fairly important one. But if anyone else had refused it, they had more sense than me. I took it on, and steered it (sort of) into Production. Once again, though, it was believed I needed 'help' so a dedicated programme manager was assigned to 'help'. Of course, with nothing else to do, he took over and I had little to do.

So I waited until the project was nearly live, and then I resigned. That was in November.

In my next post, I will talk about resignations, in the follow-up I will talk about my new job, which is soooo much better!

No comments: