Sunday, September 03, 2006

Football Manager


Am I such a management geek that I have to think about it in my spare time as well?

One of my all-time favourite pc games is Football Manager 2005. I was given the game as a present a year or two ago, and started playing it quite seriously while I was off work. After my dedicated "look for work" slot every morning, I used to load up the game, and play Jose Mourinho for a few hours. I was reasonably successful, too, winning the premiership, and the Uefa Cup, although I was knocked out of both the FA cup and the Champions League.

Recently, I started a new game, replacing Sven-Goran Erikson as England manager. So far, I have played four games, three of them World Cup qualifiers and won all of them. Perhaps if I get bored of IT, I can go and manage a football team for a living.

On second thoughts....

No comments: