Saturday, November 25, 2006

Condor approved !

My portion of project Condor - the mainframe back-end bit - was granted formal approval this week. Even better, since Condor is currently the only approved project planning to build and utilise web services, I have been given additional funding to implement whatever web services Condor requires.

My total budget is now £1.6 million - more than enough, I think. It should give me plenty of flexibility to not only design services specifically for Condor, but also services that the current web application can use. After all, that is the point of web services - re-use.

This is an exciting time. It's going to get really busy really quickly.

I need to build up two teams - one for the mainframe work and one for the web services work.
I need to create a detailed project plan, draft a Terms of Reference, establish a project Board, define a stakeholder map, and a million other things that a project requires just to start functioning.

I love this part of a project - it's exciting. It's all about possibilities, and nothing has gone wrong... yet.

No comments: