Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ton up !

This is the one-hundredth post for the upwardly mobile manager (!), and I will use the occasion to review what has happened since I started this little online journey.

I started this blog back in July, at a point when I had just started work on a Strategic Options Analysis. The business were looking at introducing a new online Brand into the Group. This project goes (here anyway) by the code-name Condor. We spent a couple of months looking at how the basic business brief might be put into practice. The project has now been launched and we are in the requirements gathering and analysis phase, while simultaneously mobilising a project team and doing some high-level planning. My initial hopes of managing the entire project were dashed when The Parent Company decided to take it upon themselves to build the online business as a strategic enabler for future business options. My part was reduced to providing the functionality and interface into our part of the business. It's about 20% of the total project, but my part alone has been estimated at about £1.8 million.

This blog has also been the perfect forum for my thoughts on the subjects of appraisals, staff engagement (a very popular post, that one), rants about silly surveys - here and here - engaging the business, my Prince2 course, motivating managers, and requirements specifications.

It has been an enjoyable journey so far. Here's to the next 100 posts.

No comments: