Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Welcome

Hi and welcome to my weblog.

I started this because I wanted to record some of my thoughts, my actions, my successes and failures, so that I could go back and review them later. When I joined this company, I started doing this in a Word document, but didn’t want to store this on my personal drive (took up valuable space), nor on the shared drive (too public).

The document I put together contained loads of interesting comments that, reading back over them today, do not adequately reflect the chaos that prevailed at the time. Taking over a project in crisis half-way through development was…um…interesting. Perhaps I will post some of the more amusing anecdotes here some day.

I welcome comments on any of these posts, provided they are submitted in a responsible and professional manner – even if they are critical. I am the first to accept that I am no expert, no ‘guru’ on IT management, but I have been in the industry for more than 20 years and have learned a thing or two about how things work. I have been a manager since 2000, and have now passed the point (I think) where I believe everyone else knows more than I do, although that does not mean I know more than everyone else either.

It is my fervent wish that this blog becomes a vehicle for me not only to record my own thoughts, but also for you, the reader, to share some of yours with me.

I hope you will be entertained and will come back again. In the meantime, please check out the links I have supplied. Manager-tools, particularly, I have found to be very useful and entertaining at the same time.

No comments: