Friday, July 21, 2006

Exciting times lay ahead

Yesterday, I attended a workshop of Business managers on the subject of a new business proposition. Someone in the company has recognised a growing threat to our revenue stream, and people are now working out what to do about it.

I have been asked to undertake a feasibility study - actually it will be more of a Solution Development process - to investigate how the IT systems would cope with the proposed solution to this threat. The study starts with a workshop on Monday, and in six weeks time I hope to have completed the study and have compiled a presentation with a recommended approach, high-level designs and time and cost estimates.

No, that's actually not the exciting part. The exciting part is that there seems to be a genuine enthusiasm to get a solution in place as rapidly as possible, and I am in the forefront of candidates to manage the project. As far as I am aware, there are no other candidates. It wil be, by the standards of my previous experience, a massive undertaking, but I am confident that I am up to the job.

It will be a VERY exciting project, resulting in the creation of a new brand name, with national exposure. If all goes well, and it's sucessful, it will look very impressive on my CV. And there's nothing more motivating than the start-up phase of a big, exciting project with real benefits.

No comments: