Monday, July 17, 2006

Diary

After another quiet weekend, I experimented with a new route in to work this morning, suggested by a colleague. It was great on paper, but did not save as much time as I had hoped. It's a good route, though. More interesting than my previous staple, so for the meantime, I'll stick with it.

As always, the first thing I do on a Monday morning is look at my diary and to-do list for the week. It's an old habit, but I'm sure most people do something similar. I have known people to miss an early Monday morning meeting because they had forgotten it over the weekend and were getting coffee when the meeting kicked-off.

My diary for the week has the usual regular daily or weekly meetings, some of which I know will be cancelled, others I may write off as not worth the effort. One stands out, though. It's on Wednesday, and is a meeting of senior Business people to discuss their research into a project known only by a code name, due to its highly confidential nature - obviously I'm not going to tell you all about it here, not until it's about to be launched anyway. Suffice to say that I am attending because I will be managing the project arising from that research.

I love this phase of a project, when it's all optimism and excitement. It never lasts, but I enjoy it while it does. Roll on Wednesday.

No comments: