Monday, July 24, 2006

Kick-Off

To me the most exciting part of any project is not the Go-Live, but the kick-off. The point at which I first get involved.

Today, we kicked-off in earnest.

Sixteen people in one conference room. I had asked the Business rep to give us a presentation on the background to the project, and after a delay finding the projector, all went swimmingly. The presentation generated a number of questions, which showed that people were interested and listening, and we got into the technical stuff later than I had hoped. Never mind, it went pretty well I thought, for a kick-off meeting. Everyone now knows where we have come from and where we need to be in the latter part of next year.

All we need now is to figure out how to get there. And we have six weeks to accomplish that.

No comments: