Monday, July 24, 2006

Pod(cast) racing

I have been trying to catch up on some of the historical stuff from the Cranky Middle Manager Show, since I have only recently started watching and listening to it.

I thought that this one on
virtual teams was appropriate, since so many of the large organisations here in the UK have employees scattered across numerous sites, often in different countries.

Another reason for choosing that topic is that I have already listened to this excellent offering on the same subject from M-T, and I was struck by the different styles of the two. The podcasts line up side-by-side at the starting gate...

While CMMS has a casual interview sort of style, the M-T 'cast is more presentational. Wayne Turmel's CMMS is chatty and witty, and deals with the subject at a high-level describing the problems and possibilities, and what needs to be done.


Mark Horstman on Manager Tools on the other hand, presents the lower-level details of how to do it. I would recommend listening to both shows. CMMS first, then M-T.

Let me know what you think. Which one wins?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manager-Tools is a how-to instructional podcast authored by Mike and Mark while The Cranky Middle Manager is focused on interviews - it is a mirror of someone else thoughts.