Saturday, August 05, 2006

E-mail: New engagement process

That was the subject line of an e-mail I received earlier in the week. Oh dear, here we go again!

I opened it with some trepidation. I was not disappointed.

"Hot off the press" it read.

I opened the attached PowerPoint file.

I learned that w.e.f. 01/08 the IPAG is no more, and we will now need to complete an HLR. This will be reviewed by the GTOP to understand the MOTS value of the request. This will then go to the PEW to produce an HLD, instead of the old HLE.

Amidst all the gobledegook, the gist of the message is that provided we are asking for More Of The Same, estimates and designs for Infrastructure changes can be turned around faster, hence improving speed to market (!?).

So, let me get this straight - as long as we do things the same way we've always done them, we're okay; we just shouldn't bother doing anything different or innovative, right?

It's almost enough to make you cry.

No comments: