Thursday, August 10, 2006

I am The Boss

It's been an interesting week, so far.

Despite Monday and Tuesday being reasonably quiet. Wednesday saw the third in the series of Condor workshops and it was by far the most productive, despite my earlier apprehension about it. We generated a healthy list of processes and functionality to be considered in the high-level design that will result from this whole Analysis exercise. It also generated a number of actions, which meant that today was busier than usual.

I must admit, though, that I am still a little nervous about the impending deadline of the end of the month, and we have made relatively little progress. I am going to have to do some serious chasing of people over the next few days to ensure that actions are completed.

Today the boss went on holiday. He flies out from Gatwick tomorrow morning (unless Security Forces decide otherwise), so for the next three weeks, I am the Boss. I'll have to think about how that will appear on my CV: "deputised for Programme Manager"? All it really means is that I have some additional weekly reports to complete, another Finance report at the end of the month, and authorise some timesheets. The worst part is fielding all the questions people have.

No comments: